This is a one-day swap meet event to be held on Saturday, November 8, 2014: in just
For table holders, the museum will be open from 11:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. on Friday, November 7, and from 8:00 a.m. on Saturday. Event workers will be available to assist the table holders if requested. Opening the doors early is intended to give table holders time to set up their tables.
The doors will be open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 8.
The historic Olympic Flight Museum, Olympia, Washington. Admission cost for this event is $5.00 per person and is free for children 6 and under. All ticket sales go to the Olympic Flight Museum to promote their programs.
For more information about the museum, visit www.olympicflightmuseum.com.
The Museum is located at Building A, 7637 Old Highway 99 SE, Tumwater, WA.
- From I-5, take exit 101, Tumwater Blvd,
- Head East on Tumwater Blvd to Capital Blvd SE,
- Turn Right on Capital Blvd SE and the road name will change to Old Highway 99 SE,
- Follow Old Highway 99 SE to Henderson Blvd SE, and
- Turn Right onto Henderson Blvd SE (towards the airport). The museum is on the Right.
- Food and beverages available on site,
- Raffle for R/C airplanes and other prizes, *
- Late afternoon R/C auction,
- Access to full-sized aircraft and other museum exhibits, and
- Local motels, restaurants, and limited R/V parking.
* More About the Raffle
There are going to be some great raffle prizes. As of 10/15, the prizes will include
- Top Flite Staggerwing Beech—complete with retracts, radio gear, and G-38 gas engine,
- E-Flite Albatross D-Va ready to fly,
- Evolution 10cc gas engine (new),
- Thunder Tiger .65 glow engine (new),
- Royal F8F BearCat .60 to .90 scale kit, and
- Numerous other goodies.
Tickets are $2.00 each, 3 for $5.00, 7 for $10.00, or 15 for $20.00. Tickets can be purchased at the event or at RC-Hobbies, Olympia (360 456-4517). You do not have to be present to win any of the major prizes as long as your name and phone number are on the ticket(s) submitted for the drawing.
Places to Stay:
Best Western Tumwater Inn
5188 Capitol Blvd. SE
Tumwater, WA 98501
For a conveniently located place to stay, you can’t beat the Best Western Tumwater Inn. A special rate will be available for overnight guests. Just mention that you are attending the event. You can call (360) 956-1235 for details. Ask for Rose.
Jorgensen Air Service
7825 Old Highway 99 SE
Olympia, Wa 98501
As a courtesy, Jorgensen Air Service can accommodate RVs—for dry camping only. Check with Jorgensen at 360-754-4043 for details and to be sure there is still available parking.
Tables can be reserved online or by downloading and mailing an order form. As of 10/1 at 8:30 p.m., wall tables have been sold out. Floor tables are still available. If the table type you want is sold out, you can put your name on the waiting list. Orders will be filled in the order they were received.
Please contact us using the contact form from the “Contact Us” menu item at the top of the page. We will respond to all emails promptly. You may also contact Richard Robb, event coordinator, directly at email@example.com (360-427-4521).
- Olympic Flight Museum — Home page for the Olympic Flight Museum.
- Jorgensen Air Service — Flight School, Fixed Wing & Rotorcraft, Tie Downs, Aircraft Rentals, Scenic Flights.
- Best Western Tumwater Inn — Conveniently located near the Olympic Flight Museum.
- Sanderson Field RC Flyers — Home page.
- Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Assn. — Home page.
- Lake Microsystems — Electronic systems for the hobby world. Cool lighting systems for R/C aircraft.
- Skyward Hobbies — Continually adding new R/C products.
- Remote Control Hobbies — The first stop in the South Puget Sound for R/C enthusiasts. Thom Martin, proprietor.