Update for 11/5/2015 9:30 a.m.
Table availability is as follows:
- Wall tables, sold out,
- Special tables, sold out,
- Floor tables, sold out.
So, if you are still considering a table for the swap meet, I suggest that you place your order online now.
This is a one-day swap meet event to be held on Saturday, November 7, 2015—in just
For table holders, the museum will be open from 11:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. on Friday, November 6, and from 8:00 a.m. on Saturday. Event workers will be available to assist the table holders if requested. Opening the doors early is intended to give table holders time to set up their tables.
The doors will be open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 7.
If you are coming to the swap meet, please review the Event Rules.
The historic Olympic Flight Museum, Olympia, Washington. Admission cost for this event is $5.00 per person and is free for children 6 and under. All ticket sales go to the Olympic Flight Museum to promote their programs.
For more information about the museum, visit www.olympicflightmuseum.com or
The Museum is located at Building A, 7637 Old Highway 99 SE, Tumwater, WA.
- From I-5, take exit 101, Tumwater Blvd,
- Head East on Tumwater Blvd to Capital Blvd SE,
- Turn Right on Capital Blvd SE and the road name will change to Old Highway 99 SE,
- Follow Old Highway 99 SE to Henderson Blvd SE, and
- Turn Right onto Henderson Blvd SE (towards the airport). The museum is on the Right.
- Food and beverages available on site,
- Raffle for R/C airplanes and other prizes,
- Late afternoon R/C auction,
- Access to full-sized aircraft and other museum exhibits, and
- Local motels, restaurants, and limited R/V parking.
- A 50cc-class Yak54 with a Brison 4.2 engine (serial number 5!) – RTF
- A 12′ wingspan Sailaire glider kit
- A Dodgson Designs 100″ glider kit
- A 1/3 scale FlyBaby kit with aluminum cowl
- A couple new-in-box foam park flyers
- And I think we will have a brand new Spektrum radio to throw in the mix.
I will list other prizes when/if they become available.
Places to Stay:
Best Western Tumwater
5188 Capitol Blvd. SE
Tumwater, WA 98501
For a conveniently located motel, you can’t beat the Tumwater Best Western. A special rate will be available for overnight guests. Just mention that you are attending the event. You can call (360) 956-1235 for details. Ask for Rose.
Jorgensen Air Service
7825 Old Highway 99 SE
Olympia, Wa 98501
As a courtesy, Jorgensen Air Service can accommodate RVs—for dry camping only. Check with Jorgensen at 360-754-4043 for details and to be sure there is still available parking.
There are three table types offered this year:
- Wall Tables, $40 — the best tables in the house sold out,
- Regular Floor Tables, $20 sold out, and
- Special Floor Tables, $30 — sold out.
Vendors are required to purchase one to a maximum of three wall tables.
If a table type you wish to purchase is sold out, you can fill out the waiting-list form and we will notify you if a table becomes available.
Please contact us using the contact form from the “Contact Us” menu item at the top of the page. We will respond to all emails promptly. You may also contact Richard Robb, event coordinator, directly at firstname.lastname@example.org (360-427-4521).
- Olympic Flight Museum — Home page for the Olympic Flight Museum.
- Jorgensen Air Service — Flight School, Fixed Wing & Rotorcraft, Tie Downs, Aircraft Rentals, Scenic Flights.
- Best Western Tumwater Inn — Conveniently located near the Olympic Flight Museum.
- Sanderson Field RC Flyers — Home page.
- Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Assn. — Home page.
- Lake Microsystems — Electronic systems for the hobby world. Cool lighting systems for R/C aircraft.
- Skyward Hobbies — Continually adding new R/C products.
- Remote Control Hobbies — The first stop in the South Puget Sound for R/C enthusiasts. Thom Martin, proprietor.